Nashville Event Details
Thursday, June 25, 2020
The Great Alumni Golf Challenge will be Nashville’s most unique and competitive, amateur golf tournament…ever! This new, annual, charity fundraiser will bring more than 200 alumni from up to 72 colleges/universities together for a competitive, day-long golf tournament for bragging rights and to claim the tournament’s Champions Cup!
Old Hickory, TN 37138
- Full, hot breakfast for all
- Player gifts & complimentary range balls for all
- 18-hole morning round of golf for all (8AM shotgun start)
- Lunch buffet for all
- 18-hole afternoon round of golf for top 72 teams (opposite course)
- Dinner buffet for top 72 teams
- Awards for top teams
- Public, online voting to determine 72 schools in the tournament
- Online bidding to fill team spots for each team
- Corporate sponsorships can reduce a team’s minimum opening bid
- Two-player teams (any combination of male/female grads from same school)
- Modified, alternate shot format (both partners tee off then alterrnate shots)
- Live scoring during the event
- Cut from 112 to 72 teams after morning round
- Final ranking based on team’s two-round, aggregate score
Phase One: July–October 2019
Schools confirm their interest in participating in the event through their alumni associations/clubs/groups and designate a person to set up and customize their school’s page on our website.
Phase Two: November 2019–February 2020
Voting & Results
Individuals (anyone anywhere) will be permitted to vote once for a registered school and will be able to double their vote by making a donation. Only the top 72 schools will get teams into the event. The top 28 schools will get 2 teams in. The top 10 teams will get 3 teams in. The top 2 schools will get 4 teams in. Voting ends at 11:59 PM CST on January 31, 2020. The top 72 schools and final ranking will be announced in February.
Phase Three: March–May 2020
Team Formation, Bidding & Event
Alumni from each of the top 72 schools will form an unlimited number of (2 person) teams on our website in March and April. A player may only be on one team. Bidding for each school’s spots will be conducted by registered teams in May. The tournament will be held in June.
Corporate sponsorships are available from $500–$10,000. Sponsorships can:
- Help a school get into the tournament!
- Help a school get more teams into the event!
- Increase a school’s exposure at the event!
- Reduce teams’ opening bids!
Beneficiary: Love Helps
Proceeds from this event will benefit Love Helps, inc. For more than 24 years, this IRS 501(c)(3) public charity, based in Nashville, Tennessee, has served thousands of elementary students annually in Nashville’s public schools.